Suggest the best treatment for enlarged adenoids hypertrophy in delhi — medlly

Suggest the best treatment for enlarged adenoids hypertrophy in delhi

My son almost 5yrs old has very disturbed sleep. Has enlarged adenoids hypertrophy,tonsillitis hypertrophy and nasal polyps. He has been on homeopathic treatment for last 6-7 months. I see improvements in his immunity as he doesn't fall sick or catches cough cold frequently but no improvement in his enlarged androids. I am not sure but as per the paediatric his treatment needs to be done immediately as it might be causing him hearing loss. I have been suggested surgery for him if he doesn't improve with nasal sprays and anti allergic syrups. I want to understand if the situation looks like surgery is the only option and how is life for a kid after undergoing this surgery. If suggest or recommend a doc who has handled such case.

Please suggest the best doctor who can deal with this kind of case in Delhi. Based on your experience please suggest what should be done

Comments

• @Khatter Priyanka I asked about your case and got mixed kind of responses from various people in my circle about surgery. I hope all these responses will give you some help to make your mind and take decision as every case is different but information certainly helps.

sending out lot of prayers for him to recover fast.

Response 1: Hi Manisha, This message is for your friend. My son had exactly the same issue as hers. My son went thru adenoid surgery at the age of 2 as he had a major sleep apnea. We were very unfortunate that there was no improvement after adenoid surgery and we took a call ourself to go ahead for tonsillectomy at the age 3. This time doctor had put ear tubes as well as he had major hearing loss. But let me tell you that tonsillectomy was a miracle for us. I still consider it as the best decision for him. His snoring reduced. he was finally able to breath without struggle. But 2 years later we had put tube again for ear infection but now he is growing out of last set of tubes. We were as worried as your friend is. But please ask her to consider both adenoid surgery and tonsillectomy at the same time. I wish her lots of luck. Also she can go for sleep study in one of the labs to find how bad the apnea is.

Response 2: My son had the same problem, tried homeopathy and ayurveda but it did not work and he continued to suffer from frequent ear infection, high fever etc for four years, we finally opted for a surgery to get his adenoids and tonsils removed as it had begun affecting his growth and hearing, he took a week to recover but has been absolutely fine since then and does not fall sick much.

Response 3: Wait till he is 7 years. Adenoids and tonsils will go away.Homeopathy really works wonders.Say no to surgery if possible.

Response 4:if it's affecting the growth of the child and there is significant weight reduction then getting it removed is good..Also an X-ray will reveal the grade... that is the percentage of blockage... Else you can wait for 2 more years..

Response 5 :Personally against surgery but cousin's daughter got adenoid removed when she was 7 or 8. life has been normal and fine.she used to constantly fall sick too.

Response 6 : Manisha if your friend is in Delhi, please visit my Ent Dr. NPS Verma. He is in Gurgaon. My daughter was two when I was told to get her surgery done. This man did certain procedures and she turned nine last month. No surgeries as yet.

Response 7: For similar case for my son DR E V Raman in Manipal hospital Bangalore did the surgery. After surgery within hours u can go and recovery happens in 2 to 3 days. For this kind of surgery,Anesthesia is the only thing risky. you go to a hospital with best anesthetist. And discuss everything with the anesthetist on food etc timing etc. ENT surgeon should also be very experienced.
    I saw great height and health improvement in my son.

Response 8 : My son had the same problem, tried homeopathy and ayurveda but it did not work and he continued to suffer from frequent ear infection, high fever etc for four years, we finally opted for a surgery to get his adenoids and tonsils removed as it had begun affecting his growth and hearing, he took a week to recover but has been absolutely fine since then and does not fall sick much
  • @Khatter Priyanka How is your little one doing now? Have you got the surgery done ?I have one more question for you if you have done a sleep study for your kid to confirm surgery ? Where did you do it and how was it done?

Sorry I have so many questions . Just share your experience !

I just do not want to go for surgery for my 4 year old.