Kidney Transplant experience at Medanta Medicity Gurgaon — medlly

Kidney Transplant experience at Medanta Medicity Gurgaon

Date of treatment : 6 July 2012
Name of the doctor : Dr. Manish Jain

Superb. Understanding and supporting doctors.
Supporting staff. Best care & well mannered & nice nature nurses.

Comments

• Date of treatment:Monday 2 May 2011
    Name of Doctor : Dr. Vijay Kher , Dr. Vishal saxena

This is Neeraj Dagar from Gurgaon. I also had my Kidney transplant surgery at Medanta. I have no words in praise of Medanta. It is just awesome. Best Hospital , Best Doctors and Amazing Staff.
    For me my doctors are like God,who gave me second life to live with more confidence and energy.

At the end, Medanta is the best in the world.
  • edited April 2013
    @Rajat Arora and @Neeraj Dagar

One of my relatives is considering kidney transplant . If you can please let me know the package cost at Medanta. And also how did you get the donar? This information will be of great help.

Regards,
    Manisha
  • Dear Manisha,
    its better if u visit hospital with reports & consult Doctors or transplant Co ordinator Ms Trilly. The expense will be depending upon all the problems. Normally it ranged from Rs 5 lac to Rs10 lac includinf pre & post transplant tests.
    For other query u can call me also.

Regards,
    Rajat Arora
    Manisha said:

@Rajat Arora and @Neeraj Dagar

One of my relatives is considering kidney transplant . If you can please let me know the package cost at Medanta. And also how did you get the donar? This information will be of great help.

Regards,
    Manisha

• Dear All Transplant patients,
    Don't be worry n afraid from transplant.It's so simple & u can lead a normal life after transplant...
    If you are afraid of tranplant or any query regarding transplant i'm always available to help you..
    Call or message me any time.....

• Thanks Rajat for the information. If you have Ms Trilly' s number then please share.

Dear Manisha,
    its better if u visit hospital with reports & consult Doctors or transplant Co ordinator Ms Trilly. The expense will be depending upon all the problems. Normally it ranged from Rs 5 lac to Rs10 lac includinf pre & post transplant tests.

Regards,
    Rajat Arora

• no. messeged u...pls check & confirm..
    Manisha said:

Thanks Rajat for the information. If you have Ms Trilly' s number then please share.

Dear Manisha,

Regards,
    Rajat Arora

• edited December 2013
    Sir my father needs a kidney transplantation. And we already have a donar. The donar is my dada ji. So I would like to know first weather my dadaji can give his kidney or not. And also would to understand if such kidney transplantation is safe or not.
    Thanks.
  • and age of my granfather is 67...he is a non diabetic and no bp...

• ashu said:

and age of my granfather is 67...he is a non diabetic and no bp...

I don't their is any problem as a donor in this case.but final dicision can be made by doctor after cross match.
    So,better consult doctor for further proceedings.

• @Rajat Arora
    My relative is undergoing dialysis and need transplant ASAP.
    Can u give some detail as to whether Medanta is a good option.
    Does Medanta accepts Non Relative kidney donor?
  • @Manisha
    Does Medanta accepts Non Relative Donor?
  • @Dipak Even one of my relative is still on dialysis. But as I know no hospital accepts the non relative donar. There are certain guidelines for transplant and a committee approves every case then only transplant can be done. You can check directly with the hospital. Hope that helps.

• dipak said:

@Rajat Arora
    My relative is undergoing dialysis and need transplant ASAP.
    Can u give some detail as to whether Medanta is a good option.
    Does Medanta accepts Non Relative kidney donor?

dear deepak medanta don't accept non relative donors. but their are some hospitals in kolkata which provides/accepts non relative donors
  • @Rajat
    Can you message me the name of Doctor at Medanta with whom I can discuss my relatives medical reports.I want to take a second opinion.

• My cousin brother has some trouble with both kidneys. The problem in kidney has up to 80% of damage . His age is 38. Either his wife or sister ready to donate kidney if needed to replace. Please tell me about cost & contact no? Its a kind of urgent matter.
  • All consultants at Medanta are excellent in their job. You may consut any of them as they all function under one of the best transplant doctors who's name is Dr. Rajesh Alawat.
  • @Saumit Sehgal
    Thanks for your feedback. Did you or your family member undergo any kidney related treatment at Medanta? Pl share your experience in more detail as this will help others a lot
  • My father has around 50% damages to his kidney. The doctors have suggested that we explore options of kidney transplant. 1) How much is the cost of kidney transplant (including pre, post and during surgery and medications cost)? 2) Who can donate kidney? Does it have to be a relative? 3) Since the pre and post surgery process can take long, what are the accommodation facilities we can expect from the hospitals? 4) How much success does the hospital or the particular doctors have with kidney transplant? 5) How much life expectancy can be expected after transplant? 6) What kind of complications can happen during or after transplant? 7) How often would we need to follow up after the surgery/post surgery process? Thanks, Abhinav Varma

• @Neeraj Dagar @Rajat Arora an you pl help @Abhinav

Abhinav - for point 2 as it has been shared by others in this thread, medanta accepts only relatives as donors.
  • @Abhinav‌
    As per knowledge,
    How much is the cost of kidney transplant (including pre, post and during surgery and medications cost)? Expenses depends upon as per the patient condition but still if all things r normal then expenses be pre around 1.5lac for all tests..
    Transplant package around 5 lac
    Post tx charges are around 2.5lac for 4 5 months as in starting medicines r more n expensive.post 5 6minths it varies for patient to patient upto 15k per month
    2) Who can donate kidney? Does it have to be a relative?
    Yes donor should be in blood relation still they help in swapping as per legal procedure
    3) Since the pre and post surgery process can take long, what are the accommodation facilities we can expect from the hospitals? Around 2 3 months u have to stay near hospital for almost dauly visit.yes accomodations r available near by hospital starting from rs15k per minth 4) How much success does the hospital or the particular doctors have with kidney transplant? Almost 99.9% success 5) How much life expectancy can be expected after transplant? On an avg 15yra but if taken care it goes upto 35yrs
    6) What kind of complications can happen during or after transplant? Just have to tc that body doesnt det infected 7) How often would we need to follow up after the surgery/post surgery process? In Starting u have to visit twice per week...then it keep on reducing as oer patient reports
  • Hope i answered all ur queries
  • edited September 2015
    My father is facing problem with both of his kidney.According to the latest report blood urea is 59 and serum creatine is 4.69. We are from Kashipur and here there are no experts. What should I do according to this latest report ? How much his kidney is damaged ? He is a diabetic patient taking insulin now.

• @maahi need not to worry too much... at this level kidney is treateable... just need to follow up with some good doctor...
    as per the figures u stated these can be treated without transplant