Suggest best gynecologist for PCOS treatment in Pune — medlly

Suggest best gynecologist for PCOS treatment in Pune

SaiSai
edited December 2014 in Pune Hospital Review
Hi everyone.I have been diagnosed with poly cystic Ovarian Syndrome(PCOS). I am thinking about ovulation induction treatment. Can anyone suggest me a good gynecologist from Pune ? Any positive experiences are welcome.

Answers

• @Sai‌
    There is a discussion about gynecologists in pune here http://medlly.com/discussion/151/best-gynecologist-in-pune-for-pregnancy-consultation-and-delivery

People have shared their experiences with different gynes on this link. Hope it will help you too.
  • Even my wife also had this and she had undergone with Laproscopic surgery but it was in Noida.
  • My two cents on PCOS

Pcos can be best managed by a low carb diet and exercise. Additionally gluten free and dairy free diets are also recommended and they help a lot.plus nutritional supplements a great help for PCOS.

I will tell you my story. My gynecologist had given me diane 35 (contraceptive pill) for 6 months. I had my 6 month dose by the time I was taking the medicine my periods were regular but the moment I stopped my periods got delayed. Also due to this medicine I had put on more weight.

Then I realized this is not going to help me and I needed strong determination. exercise walk n diet control.Diane and all are temporary solutions. I don't even want to talk about the side effects of hormonal therapy.So I started doing combination of strength and cardio ( HIIT) exercises and also reducing carbs and included good quality fat like coconut oil and avacado. Believe me it will show the effects and the periods will take some time to fall into place.

So basically what I have realized that Pcos is usually a lifestyle disorder. Change your eating habits and be more active throughout the day.Reduce your weight.reduce your high carb and sugar intake.eat mostly low carb , high fibre whole grains , veggies except starchy ones and fruits.Do more physical activity and in no time you will be fine.
  • I have been diagnosed with PCOS and infertility, We are trying for a child, so we met our gynaecologist. She did my pelvic scans and blood tests and all of it are fine. My Doctor has prescribed me Clomid 100 for 5 days. I had never taken Clomid before. So I am little worried. Does Clomid lead to discomforts such as mood swings or restlessness? Has anyone conceived using Clomid in the first trial itself? Please share your views.

• @vandanb Yes clomid leads to mood swings, and other side effects like breast tenderness, nausea, vomiting, mild vaginal bleeding, headaches and irritability.

One of my closed friend conceived in first trial of clomid after trying naturally for more than a year. The positive part is that all your scan reports and tests are better as you are trying to conceive. Clomiphene citrate basically induces ovulation that is release of the egg thereby increasing chances of conception especially if you have sexual contact during your fertile period. I am sure your doctor must have explained to you about this. So best is to be in touch with your doctor in case you have severe symptoms.