Best Gynecologist in Pune for pregnancy consultation and delivery — medlly

Best Gynecologist in Pune for pregnancy consultation and delivery

edited December 2013 in Pune Hospital Review
Please suggest me a good gynecologist who listen to her patients and not the famous gynecologist.

I am currently Seeing Dr. Manjari at Jahangir Hospital pune and not very happy . I have also consulted Dr. Sanjay Gupte - Gupte Hospital, Pune but no help yet. All these doctors seem very professional and busy. No time for patients,highly depend on assistants. Most of the patients are being seen by assistants only.

Best Answer

Answers

• I recommend Dr. Suhas Otiv . He is a male gynecologist. And he is really known for normal deliveries in Pune. I had also changed 2-3 doctors before I found him. I used to consult him at his clinic in camp area through out my pregnancy . His clinic number is 30221203 .
    You should take appointment and then go on your timings to avoid wait line. He is a practical and modest doctor.

I had my delivery at K.E.M. hospital under his care. Though I had pregnancy diabetes but I delivered normally.

Do let me know if you want to know anything else?
  • @Deepesh You can meet Dr. Parvati Pai-Raiturkar @ Prabhat Road (might be 11th lane), 020-25469994. She is a very senior doctor. Her daughter in law also practices at the same clinic. So seek appointment for senior Pai-raiturkar (not junior).

Also I would like to share one thing with you that doctors who listen to patients are not always good doctors most of the times they are "professionals" !
  • @shakti good to know about Dr otive .I have also some medical problem in May-2013 ..At that time I chnged gy/ob 3 times but I did not find any positive solution I hv seen here many dr. priscried more tablets and do sonography each and every month,Its ok if it is required.Secondly they dnt concentrate on diet for preg woman ,Which I think Most imp .If we ask wht should eat ,they just tell u cn eat everything .For first timers these all query must be answered .Does this dr. have all the facilities like sonography and all at his place? Dr otive satisfied this all queries .Pls reply .IT will be help me in near future

• Manavi, I Changed so many doctors before I Meet Dr otiv..He is very senior Doctor…Very Mature and Not very business minded. He has sonography and blood test setup at his place but he never insists to get that done at his place until u wish. He does not ask for so many test which all other doctors suggest during pregnancy…!! Even pills he prescribe during the pregnancy are very cheap…..he says that works why you want costlier one. He Does not charge if you go to show Reports only…Sometimes he even ask to mail and he revert on mail only. He is very much available on SMS as well.
    He keeps records of each patience so you need not to tell your medical history again and again u visit him (As all other doctors do)

He is one of the bets doctor in Pune….Go and check.
  • @shakti What abt KEM hospital ,I think u delivered thr na ...
  • I delivered a healthy baby girl on 17th of April 2012 in KEM hospital Pune under the supervision of Dr Otiv. It was a Painless Normal delivery. I had gestational diabetes so they kept the baby in NICU for initial monitoring for 20 hrs . We stayed in the hospital for 10 days and room rent was 2000 Rs Per day it was Deluxe private room. They have diff cheaper options for rooms also. Total package cost was 60,000 rupees. You have to visit the hospital 15 days before the due date so that they can book a room for you.

We settled our claim through smooth TPA operation.

The hospital was clean. Staff nurses and doctors attended Me and baby on time with care. Hospital have a very good food canteen even I was ordering my food from there.

We had overall Very good experience.
  • thanks @Shakti for sharing this info .It will be helpful to me in near future .I am also preg but have some complication so want to also change the docotr

• @deepesh @manvi @shakti @Sulekha My wife is having Thyroid problem. So we are looking for good gynecologist for pregnancy consultation . If possible near Ganesh Peth Pune. Also I want to know about Dr. Vivek Joshi, KEM Hospital. some one has given me his reference. So any reviews of Dr Vivek Joshi will also help. Please give your view
  • @Yogesh I also had Thyroid issue during my pregnancy and Dr Otiv was monitoring that. It was under control throughout my pregnancy and there was no issue after delivery. Mt thyroid is normal now. If you ask my opinion I suggest only Dr Otiv. I stay at Kharadi and his place is almost 16 Km from my place even KEM hospital is very far from my place but I prefer consulting him only. I have no idea about other doctors.
  • @shakti If possible pls share the address of Dr Otiv.

• i dont know how to react on this as i am trying to consult some good doctor but not able to find one.. Can anybody help ?
  • @debbie_123‌
    This is indeed disturbing. But from what I can make out this happened around 14 years back. For sure I will also not trust the doctors that have been involved but the reviews shared by @Shakti are based on her recent experiences and the doctors are also different.
    Now that you know both the good and bad facts, I think it would be best if you visit the Dr and make our own opinion and then decide accordingly.
  • Hi u all would be moms..dr charulata bapaya is d best doc I ever met in my life.very caring n with full konwladge practicing since 20yrs.she truly cares a would be mother with al love n gives lot of attention.I feel every women shuld be blessed with such a wonderful gyanic
  • @debbie_123
    Hope you managed to find a good doc. Did you finally visit Dr Otive or some other Doc?

• hi manisha I am doing good .
    @shakti I want some favour from you ,I am also suffering from thyroid ,which tablets u have taken when u diagnosed with thyroid ?Do u have hypothryroid or hyperthyroid? And what abt now ?is your thyroid report is normal ?Did u visit any ENT .If yes pls mention name.Actually I want to find good ENT doctor in pune ,so if anyone knows than pls let me know
  • @yogesh as per my knowledge Dr joshi is also good ,I heard from different sources who visit them.so you can visit them sorry for late reply
  • Can anyone please suggest a good gynic near Pimple Saudagar ? or may be in Baner or Aundh ?
    @Leena : can you please share the clinic number or any contact for Dr. charulata bapaya ?

• you are located in which area... Dr medha mhatre is good she is also available on her mobile at any time .... very friendly
  • Dear Manvi,

Thanks for sharing your experience. We are also planning to conceive children this year. I took my wife to noble hospital (Dr. Vaishali Chavan) but I am not so happy. Most of the time her assistant doctor's were assisting. I am planning to have second opinion by meeting Dr. Suhas Otiv.

I just wanted to know one thing-You have paid rs 60000 for normal delivery? Is KEM hospital that expensive? Why did you stayed for 10 days in hospital, in Noble hospital even for operation cases they are discharging patients in 3 days. Your answer will help me to take my decision. Thanks!
  • Sorry Manvi, I got it wrong. Please direct the question to Shakti. Thanks!

Dear Shakti,

Thanks for sharing your experience. We are also planning to conceive children this year. I took my wife to noble hospital (Dr. Vaishali Chavan) but I am not so happy. Most of the time her assistant doctor's were assisting. I am planning to have second opinion by meeting Dr. Suhas Otiv.

I just wanted to know one thing-You have paid rs 60000 for normal delivery? Is KEM hospital that expensive? Why did you stayed for 10 days in hospital, in Noble hospital even for operation cases they are discharging patients in 3 days. Your answer will help me to take my decision. Thanks!
  • edited September 2014
    How is Dr. Bhavna mangal from Columbasia kharadi hospital? any feedback please?
    I also took my wife to noble hospital (Dr. Vaishali Chavan) but I am not satisfy. i agree that most of the time her assistant doctor's were assisting.

• @NPP Deepesh has shared his experience with Dr Mini Salukhe in quite a detail on this link
    http://medlly.com/discussion/66/pregnancy-checkup-and-delivery-experience-at-jehangir-hospital-pune

You can ask him any further questions on the same link.
  • Thanks Minisha for the link. Any idea about Dr. Bhavana Mangal?