Each and everything about polycystic ovarian syndrome

As a medical student, one of the conditions that were hard for me to get my head around was PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). It took me years of advanced training to understand the in and out of the syndrome.

PCOS is a very complex hormonal condition that involves multiple organs systems. It is a clinical diagnosis, meaning that doctors diagnose patients with PCOS based on symptoms – not on a specific lab test that is “positive or negative” for the condition. PCOS is diagnosed if a woman has one or more of the following symptoms:

Signs of too much male hormones (excess dark hair growth on the chin, cystic acne or elevated testosterone on the blood test)
Menstrual cycles > 35 days apart
Enlarged ovaries on ultrasound
As hard as it was to grasp in medium school, and as challenging as it is to explain it to my patients in a 10-minute office visit, it’s not surprising that there are a lot of misunderstandings about PCOS floating around us.

I know 2 personal doctors who has so much experience and my family members preferred them :smile:

Dr Pinky Mishra : She had a experience of around 10 years. She lives in noida sector 75.
Dr. Alkamalhotra.com : Dr. Alka Malhotra is a recognised Gynecologist and Obstetrician based in Kalkaji region of New Delhi. Dr. Malhotra persists an experience of 29 years in her medical fields.